Thanksgiving Turkey recipe, plus a Sweet Potato Jerky treat for your dog!
On this holiday edition of Cooking For Your Pets, Pet World Insider’s resident Pet Chef, Robert Semrow, shows you a fun and creative holiday recipe for those special pups in your life – Healthy Turkey Recipe, plus a simple sweet potato jerky treat recipe for your dog! These pet recipes are simple and have a few healthy twists. These Thanksgiving delights are sure to be enjoyed by all of your canine family members, and maybe even your human ones as well.
Sweet Potato Jerky Treat Ingredients:
1 Sweet Potato
Sprinkling of Cinnamon
1. Wash and scrub sweet potato
2. Cut evenly potato slices
3. Place on pan and sprinkle with cinnamon
3. Cook them at 250 degrees for 3 – 3 1/2 hours (depending on size of treat and how hard you want them to be).
Healthy Turkey Loaf Ingredients:
2 Lbs of Ground Turkey
1 Cup – Chopped Kale
1 Cup – Chopped Carrots
1 Cup – 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree
1/4 Cup – Ground Flax Seed
1. Combine ingredients into bowl and mix well.
2. Scoop in to loaf pan
3. Cook them at 350 degrees for between 15 – 18 minutes (depending on size of loaf).
Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy these Turkey and sweet potato delights all year long!
Visit PetWorldInsider.com for more great recipes and pet information. Don’t forget to listen to Pet World Insider Radio at www.petworldinsider.com for daily pet industry experts, nutritionists and other important and fun pet related topics.